Wordsearch - Key Stage 4
Can you answer the questions and find the correct answer in the wordsearch?
If you get stuck, try the webpages below to help you learn more!
- 1 What is the name of the study of science of flight?
- 2 The fastest ever passenger plane that flew until 2003?
- 3 What is the name of the action an aircraft performs when it lifts its nose just before landing?
- 4 What does a pilot use to turn an aeroplane?
- 5 What type of lamp might an air traffic controller use to give instructions to an aircraft without a radio?
- 6 What is the name for the main section of the plane where passengers sit?
- 7 What are the hinged sections on aeroplane wings called?
- 8 What type of single seater fighter aircraft did the Royal Air Force use during WW11?
- Using the cardinal points of the compass, which direction would you fly to get from London to…
- 9 Berlin
- 10 Dublin
- 11 Aberdeen
- 12 Barcelona
- 13 If you started in New York and flew North West, where would you end up? Vancouver; Nairobi; Oslo; Mexico City
- 14 From Moscow you fly South West, where do you end up? Reykjavik; Milan; Istanbul; Tehran
- 15 Starting in Sydney, where would you go if you flew North East? Malaysia; Madagascar; FIJI; Antarctica