Generation Aviation is a joint Government and industry programme that helps build an aviation workforce fit for the future by raising the profile of aviation careers, removing barriers to access and attracting diverse and talented people to tackle new technologies, decarbonisation and other emerging trends.
There are five workstreams as part of Generation Aviation:
- Including the CAA STEM programme and the Reach for the Sky challenge fund which fund a series of outreach programmes to get young people from all backgrounds into aviation
- Signposting training, careers and opportunities
- Signposting opportunities available across the sector, creating new career pathways and encouraging people to take them up
- Championing the sector
- The Department for Transport’s Aviation Ambassadors who showcase opportunities in the sector, and work to promote best practice, accessibility and inclusivity.
- Working in partnership with Industry
- Government, industry, third sector and prospective employees working together to address barriers to access, develop career pathways and grow the sector.
- Driving research and data
- Independent research projects on the future of the aviation sector and ensuring data and evidence underpins collective decision-making.
Anyone who wants to meet or run an event with our Ambassadors should contact AviationAmbassadors@dft.gov.uk